When you purchase a new mini Intel NUC PC from us, there are a few steps that you need to follow in order to have a successful Missions Display System ( MDS ). We recommend following the steps outlined below to ensure everything runs smoothly.
Connect a monitor, keyboard, and mouse to the computer
- When you first receive the PC, connect it to a regular desktop monitor and a keyboard and mouse.
- This will allow for easy updating of the system and a comfortable place to add your missionary data.
- You will need to connect a monitor, keyboard, and mouse initially. This is temporary if you are going to use our remote access solution, AnyDesk.
Log in to the PC Admin account
- The PC is shipped with a kiosk account active, which may seem confusing at first.
- As the kiosk is starting up, you may see a pop-up window that says “Registration Error.” Click OK.
- Once the system has loaded the map, click on CTRL ALT DEL on your keyboard to go back to the login screen.
- If you see a blue screen with spinning balls, simply click CTRL ALT DEL to go back to the login screen and select the Admin-MDS1 user account to proceed with the steps below.
- Click on the Admin-MDS account to log into a normal Windows user.
- From this account, you can connect to your network and begin the process of data input.
Register for the InTouch Missions software
- Once you are logged into the PC Admin account, in the start menu, you will find the application InTouch Missions.
- At this point, you can register the software and go online to choose the best subscription option for you.
- To access the Software Backend Admin, when you have the app open, click “CTRL a” on the keyboard to open the password box to enter the admin section of the InTouch Missions Application.
- The default password is “changeme.”
- Once you enter the password, the “backend” admin app will open.
- Our YouTube Channel also has a complete series of videos for maintaining your display system.
- Open Google Chrome to find the homepage and set the eMin Self-Help channel on YouTube.
Connect to the touch monitor
- The PC will have a USB and HDMI cable for connecting to the monitor.
- The High-Definition Multimedia Interface ( HDMI ) cable is for audio and video, and the USB is for touch functionality.
- The USB should be connected to the USB port next to the HDMI port you are using, typically on the lower right or lower left side of the monitor.
Following these steps will help you successfully set up your mini Intel NUC PC. If you have any questions or encounter any issues, feel free to reach out to our support team for assistance.